In Plain Concepts we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist willing to join our Data Team and open to face new challenges.
We are a tech company founded in 2006 by 4 Microsoft MVPs. Our team is made of people passionate in technology. We love helping out our clients with their technological challenges.
- We don't do bodyshopping
- We are a flat horizontal organization. We don't have managers/bureaucracy. We are all developers.
- We are committed to the agile values
- We aim to build satisfying relationships with our clients
- We aim to be an inspiring reference through our work
- We are passionate about sharing our knowledge with others
- We encourage and support each other to get involved into the community and talk at conferences
- We are a small international team (10 members) that decides its own culture and vision
- We constantly push ourselves to be creative and innovative
We develop tailored solutions to satisfy our client's needs. We also give trainings and work with the latest technologies (even beta versions).
Although we are specialized in Microsoft technologies, our stack is not limited to Microsoft's ecosystem.
Our latest projects involved:
- Cloud Platforms (Azure, Office365)
- Web (MVC, WebApi, ASP.Net Core, ECMAScript 2015, NodeJS)
- Big Data (Hadoop, NoSQL, R, Machine Learning)
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Universal Windows Platform (Windows 10, Xbox apps, HoloLens apps)
- Video games and multimedia (Wave engine)
- Mobile Apps (Xamarin, Cordova)
We offer a multidisciplinary team which a wide range of backgrounds that synergizes with the expected data scientist candidate. In Plain Concepts you will be able to work from home or, if desired, you can attend to one of our different Spain based officies (Madrid, Bilbao, Sevilla, Barcelona) in a daily flexible schedule basis. Here you will work in several international and interesting projects, with multi-terabyte databases and always using cutting edge technologies such as HDInsight, SQL Server 2016, Spark and every Azure product related to data platform.
For this position we expect the candidate to meet the following requirements.
- Experience in relevant areas of scientific expertise (e.g., machine learning, numerical methods, signal processing, statistics, mathematics, and optimization)
- Experience with statistical computing languages such as R (desired), Matlab, python + pandas, etc.
- Real machine learning real background (we are not looking for a language/framework/tool one-trick-pony, we demand some who knows what is he/she doing and why)
- Strong written and spoken English skills. Spanish would be appreciated as well
Additionally, Experience In Any Of The Following Will Be Considered Favorably:
- Experience with any of the several Big Data frameworks such as Apache Hadoop environment (MapReduce, Hadoop, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume), Spark, MapR, etc
- Solid oriented programming skills in C#, python, Java, etc.
- Strong Relational SQL Skills, focused on SQL Server (SQL Server 2012 onwards would be appreciated)
- Experience with data warehousing and multidimensional modelling
- Experience working with agaile methodologies, Scrum specifically
- Experience working with Azure or other cloud based solution
Send your curriculo, and talk about you !!!!!