IT Project Manager with DevOps
Brief Description of Role:
The IT Project Manager is a highly visible leadership position within the Plain Concepts software development organization, ensuring projects and processes are aligned for effective delivery and flow of mission critical, external customer facing, enterprise software development projects.
He or she coaches and facilitates agile teams through the software development life cycle using AGILE, SCRUM, and Microsoft ALM methodologies and works cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure delivered projects are effectively developed and deployed with quality and on time delivery into our client production systems.
As part of leading agile teams and projects, this role is mainly responsible for:
- Delivery planning and
- Delivery status reporting, and
- Driving successful on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Promote a set of processes and methods for thinking about communication and collaboration between Dev, TI and QA people.
- Promote very frequent releases - continuous delivery - by standardizing development environments
- Implement release / deployment automation
- Maximize the predictability, efficiency, security and maintainability of operational processes
Besides, as a DevOps responsible, you will have to be able to:
Your specific duties will include:
- Improve, and facilitate all project and software development processes to create agreement and alignment with departmental objectives of productivity, timeliness, and quality. Skills as a facilitator, communicator, and chairperson are crucial.
- Develop and maintain release-level rolling iteration plans for each project
- Define, negotiate, document, influence, mentor and measure adoption of solid and consistent practices amongst scrum team members
- Build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with team members and stakeholders
- Foster creative and efficient solutions to complex time-critical problems
- Coach and mentor, if needed be, Product Owners, Product Development Team and any other interested Stakeholder
- Drive the adoption of key engineering practices like Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, etc
- Improve productivity by improving software development practices within project teams and across the organization
- See the big picture but also identify and navigate the critical details
- Work collaboratively as a team player to develop mutually acceptable solutions
- Provide crisp and well-understood directives and communication
- Communicate on a technical and non-technical level to all levels of staff and management
- Track and manage dependencies across projects and platforms
- Understand applications from a technical and business perspective
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment and lead by example
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- 5+ years technical leadership experience
- 3+ years of Scrum Master experience / ALM
- DevOps experience with:
- Visual Studio 201X Extensions for DevOps
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server / VSTS
- TFS Build / Release Manager
- Microsoft Test Manager
- Familiarity working within multiple domains (Technology, Information, Process, Applications, etc.) and platforms (mainframe, client-server, web-based, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Certified Scrum Master
- ALM Certified Professional
- DevOps experience with Power Shell
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best, and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- Be part of agile team
- Latest technological tools
- Continuous training
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
- Cool place to work
Plain Concepts is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.