PLAIN CONCEPTS is a software development company specialized in designing and developing experiences for web (our latest one being http://audioexperience.dolby.com/) and apps (universal windows app for phone, tablets and Xbox One, iOS, Android, Desktop).
Plain Concepts is seeking a full-time Designer to join its Madrid office and drive creative strategy for current client accounts and new business opportunities.
This unique position requires an individual to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. At the same time, this individual should show interest in developing strategic solutions for brands and entertainment properties across multiple platforms and communication channels.
- Develop strategy that are innovative and strategically on-target
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with clients
- Produce concepts and solutions for online marketing challenges
- Oversee all deliverables
- Lead brainstorms
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Being a team player.
- Being able to work constructively criticize your teammates and being open to receive criticism about your work.
- Having constant desire to learn and the ability to learn quickly.
- Passion for all activities related to UX/UI design.
- Passion for videogames develop and design.
- Having communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Even though it´s also important, we really don´t mind what you know now, we search for your capacity to improve yourself and learn every day.
Desired skills and knowledge
• Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, illustrator, After Effects, etc…)
• Apps Design Knowledge (Android, iOS, UWP, Desktop, etc…)
• Responsive Web Design (UX/UI)
• Wireframing and Hierarchy of information software (InVision, Zepplin, Adobe XD, etc…)
• Definition of good design practices with clean, layer order and reusable assets.
• Editable files and main resources ordered using folders.
• Continuous self-training
Other valuable knowledge:
• Illustration and Sketches
• Passion for videogames and videogames design know-how
• Unity, Unreal, Cryengine, etc…
• 3D modeling (3ds max, Zbrush, etc…)
- Full-time Monday through Thursday and 3pm finish on Fridays.
- Ability to work occasionally from home.
- Actively participate in relevant international projects and technology events.
- Excellent team working environment (We are like brothers).
- Two months of reduced working hours in summer
- Soft drinks, coffee and tea free all year.
- Flexible schedule.
- Annual PlainFlash party, weekend in style on account of the company.
- Salary according to worth.
- Exciting projects with some of the most important companies in the world
- Highly skilled team of professionals: 11 Microsoft MVPs,
- Always using the latest technologies
- International Team: we have offices in Spain, Dubai, London and Seattle